By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Birdmond Was Right
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:06 pm 

Or QB's from Florida. :ROFL:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 pm 

Woods is the real deal IMO. What someone else has done from a school is irrelevent. Keenan Allen won’t be available when we pick IMO but is a receiver I like. Justin Allen is playing really well but I'm leary of guys with past knee injuries. Marques Washington, may be a later round prospect. He does have some baggage and isn’t a speed daemon but his production on the field and size is right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm 

Joe Fin wrote:
What someone else has done from a school is irrelevent.

As one of the site draft guys I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion above.

Some schools are noted for churning out great Lb's, or CB's, or Linemen, or WR's or RB's etc etc etc.

Some schools are notorious for churning out players at certain positions that play lights out in college but are busts in the NFL.

As one example, UF is notorious for churning out WR's and QB's that look all world in college but turn out to be busts in the NFL. There are a select few players that are exceptions to the rule but it is a pretty solid rule of thumb to go by.

Some schools just suck at putting out good NFL players at certain positions.

If you don't agree that is fine but even guys that do draft evaluations for a living say the same thing. Certain positions from certain schools should make a team leery.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:22 pm 

Its a system thing I know. But watching the kid make spectacular catches and running crisp routes isn't a system thing. But I get what your saying.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm 

Joe Fin wrote:
Its a system thing I know. But watching the kid make spectacular catches and running crisp routes isn't a system thing. But I get what your saying.

Level of competition is also a factor.

It is easy for a WR to run crisp routes and make great catches if he is running against poor Corners or soft coverage like UF WR's did for years.

I do love Keenan Allen and I think he could be had by us but it is way too early to even guess at the draft order and determine team needs in front of us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:58 pm 

Look at my link again. The last USC WR the Fins drafted was Patrick Turner. 'Nuff said.

When the best player from that group in 12 years is the "other" Steve Smith, I'd say that's a bad trend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:29 pm 

Quote:
In the meantime keep criticizing.

Amazing. Just because we drafted a QB at #8 and he's been halfway decent, now he's a god and is above reproach. No one can criticize him when he does something wrong. Just goes to show...Dolfans have been down in the dumps for so long, accepting mediocrity has become second nature.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 pm 

What I fail to understand is that no one is talking about what really blew the game....the secondary had its problems for sure but the one guy who got beat up all day and had a chance for redemption couldn't make a play on the ball that went right into his hands....yes I'm talking about Sean smith. For someone who played receiver he has the worst ball skills ever

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 am 

umix10 wrote:
What I fail to understand is that no one is talking about what really blew the game....the secondary had its problems for sure but the one guy who got beat up all day and had a chance for redemption couldn't make a play on the ball that went right into his hands....yes I'm talking about Sean smith. For someone who played receiver he has the worst ball skills ever

I think sean smith's performance on Sunday has been talked about, quite a bit. And his "ball skills", or lack there of has been a problem since he has been here.

That, my friends, says it all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 am 

JMP wrote:
Quote:
In the meantime keep criticizing.

Amazing. Just because we drafted a QB at #8 and he's been halfway decent, now he's a god and is above reproach. No one can criticize him when he does something wrong. Just goes to show...Dolfans have been down in the dumps for so long, accepting mediocrity has become second nature.

Yes these new rules for not critiquing draft picks is confusing to me.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next