By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 9 DVOA Ratings
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:07 pm 

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratin ... oa-ratings

Fins drop four spots to 14th, Colts rise just two spots to 27th. Again, they are NOT good. Colts are also dead last in D.

This is what I'm talking about when I bemoan the wasted opportunity this team had. As I suspected the Chiefs are the only team worse than the Titans and the Bills are a lowly 25th. The Fins could've had a six game win streak going with the Seahawks having to travel to Miami. But now...not so much. :( :( :(

But the special teams are 5th, that's a bright spot. As long as Carpenter's not trotted out for any more kicks over 45 yards, that is.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Week 9 DVOA Ratings
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:17 pm 

BTW the Colts are 23rd in point differential, and are currently the only team with a winning record that has been outscored on the season. The 2-6 Panthers have been outscored by slightly less.

Oh, and the Colts' pass D is 4th worst in opponents' passer rating at 101.5. They're also the 4th worst run D in terms of yards per carry allowed at 4.8. Yeah.

Even AFTER that game, the Fins still have a slightly higher passer rating for the season than the Colts (79.5 to 79).

It'll be a long long time before I can get past this loss that should not have been (sighs).

And yes, I *know* the Fins aren't that good but I do expect them to beat teams who clearly aren't as good as they are, a lot of whom are on their schedule.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 pm 
Site Columnist

I don't like the loss either, but I can't say it was unexpected.

Colts at home, an emotional day for them with their coach battling illness and in the house.

The big tipoff that something was wrong: we were road favorites.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 pm 

I went on a different fin forum and it show at least 3 plays that Wake should have gotten sacks but the Refs didn't call the play dead. The last false start penalty Miami recieved was not on Miami but the Colts jumping offsides. The game should not have been a loss but should be close.

Profile E-mail