By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Week 11 good, bad, and ugly
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:12 am 
Lead Moderator

Quote:
During the summer, Dolphins players spoke of fielding an offense that would wear down opponents and play at a faster pace.

The pace has improved, but the results haven’t. And so 10 games into 2012, the Dolphins have averaged fewer points per game (18.7, 26th in the league) than they did last season (20.6).

After a two-day break, the Dolphins returned to work Monday, hoping to fix an offense that has slipped to 29th in yards and produced just one touchdown in its past 30 possessions.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/20/3 ... rylink=cpy

Well, the early complaint about Tannehill by some here was the dearth of TD passes. Any bets that this will continue to correlate with Miami's W-L from here on out?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 am 

no matter who the RB is, they’re not going to make any yards behind this o-line.

Quote:
Philbin said: “What kills the running game first and foremost is penetration. That’s the No. 1 thing hurting our running game.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/20/3 ... swers.html

until Miami replace Long, Incognito and Jerry and finds guys who are athletic enough to run the new scheme, it won’t matter who the RB is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:31 pm 

But it will to a degree if you mix up play calling (not run a run play every first down), and design plays running to the outside, screen plays etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 pm 

I think it's a mistake not to use Egnew now. If he can't block,don't ask him to block. Clay is just not performing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 pm 

Quote:
I think it's a mistake not to use Egnew now. If he can't block,don't ask him to block. Clay is just not performing.

Completely agree. Clay isn't a great blocker (far from it) either, so it's not like we're losing much in that area by playing Egnew. I just don't see why the coaches can't add a couple of plays for Egnew to run, just to get him some action and see what he can do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:32 pm 
Site Columnist

From what I know, Egnew's problem is that he can't grasp the offense and what his assignments are as well as some blocking issues.

If they drafted Clay to block in this offense, then they made a huge mistake from the get go. If they want him to be out there blocking, it's because our line sucks. I say just have a couple tackles report eligible and forget your blocking TEs. You're not fooling anybody just because a guy wears an 80 number. They know they're in there to block. Line up with four tackles and blow them the hell off the ball.

Profile E-mail