By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Crazy Was This Game???
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm 

It's the Fins' first 4th quarter comeback to win in regulation since '09 and their first win after trailing by 7-plus in the 4th since '05 :-o :-o :-o :shock: :shock: :shock:

That just confirms was a fluke victory it was. Stuff happened out there that literally shouldn't have been humanly possible given everything we know and have seen concerning this team.

I'm still in favor of my Bizarro World theory. I actually checked outside to see if the sky had turned pink or something. Everything still looks the same but I just know I'm in an alternate universe somehow. Nothing makes sense anymore :nono: :nono: :nono:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How Crazy Was This Game???
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 am 
Omnipotent Ombudsman

The Phins Offense played well, and the Seahawks had a bad game.

Nuff said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:49 am 

Maybe this is a sign of things headed in the right direction. Good things happen when you least expect it and finally we get a break that goes our way.Philbin may have exercised the ghosts of shitty coaches.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:00 am 

61finfan wrote:
Maybe this is a sign of things headed in the right direction. Good things happen when you least expect it and finally we get a break that goes our way.Philbin may have exercised the ghosts of shitty coaches.

Or it's the usual case of the Fins deciding to rise up and get yet another meaningless late season win. That would be my guess anyway.

Unlike some people I just can't get past the Titans and Bills losses so quickly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm 
Omnipotent Ombudsman

I want another meaningless win against the Pats!!

I want to see TomTerdrific on the sprinkler soaked sod many, many, Many, MANY times.

Ain't gonna happen, but a PhinPhan can dream can't he?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm 

come on 316, enjoy one for once.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm 

Is any win a meaniless win? When I played not one win or loss was meaniless. Tell the Seatlle Seahawks it was meaniless. It impacted their chances for the playoffs and just might have knocked them out of it.

Against the Pats two things need to happen. 1st they need to control the time of possession. The 2nd is that they need to get into Brandy's grill. Hit him hard and hit him often. Both of which they haven't been spectacular with. Divisional games are typically hard fought games. The Pats are running over everyone and lead the league I think in scoring. I don't think realisticaly they will win this game ending any playoff hopes but I would be happy if they just were competative and it was a close game. They did lose to the Seahawks.

So on any given Sunday........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:36 pm 
Lead Moderator

I expect the Pats to kill Miami. Here's hoping I'm wrong - I'd *love* a meaningless win against them.

With our luck Miami does win, gets us all excited again, and then they go on another losing streak.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm 

Beating a divisional opponent is never meaningless. So if pigs learn to fly and the Dolphins beat the Pats, it will be an excellent win because we would have beaten the kings of the AFC East.

But winning a non-conference game when you have no shot at the playoffs? That's meaningless for the Phins. Sure, it may make the players and fans feel better for a few days before getting demolished by the Patriots, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing for the Dolphins. The game had meaning for the Seahwaks, because they're actually in a playoff race. But the Dolphins? Not so much.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 am 

JMP wrote:
Beating a divisional opponent is never meaningless. So if pigs learn to fly and the Dolphins beat the Pats, it will be an excellent win because we would have beaten the kings of the AFC East.

Even *I'll* be happy about that. But that's the problem--the Fins keep winning games that mean nothing to me or the big picture and losing games when I actually, badly, want them to win for the most part. Oh sure, there's the annual win over the Jets (yet no sweep) but that can only fulfill me so much.

Quote:
But winning a non-conference game when you have no shot at the playoffs? That's meaningless for the Phins. Sure, it may make the players and fans feel better for a few days before getting demolished by the Patriots, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing for the Dolphins. The game had meaning for the Seahwaks, because they're actually in a playoff race. But the Dolphins? Not so much.

I swear, it's like Jmp has figured out how to read my mind. I'm constantly astonished by how often he keeps posting exactly what I'm thinking and feeling. It's bordering on creepy at this point :lol:

Profile E-mail