By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Have You Guys Considered . . .
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:10 am 

FinFanatic wrote:
He is just a GM who stinks. Let's not make it out like Ireland's stench cannot be wiped away by the GM that can find some playmakers.

First, the stench can only go if the person responsible goes.

Second, the Fins are settling into a disturbing pattern of replacing players, coaches, GMs and even owners with people just as bad or worse. That doesn't mean none of these people deserved replacing, it just means everybody associated with the Fins going back to the last century has been drinking out of the same fountain of stupid juice. The last thing I want to do is have to complain about the new GM because he's been making the exact same mistakes as all the previous epic failures.

In other words, FF's statement above isn't necessarily true, and hasn't been actually true for a while.

But I'll still consider it a life-affirming moment if/when Ireland is gone. I'll refuse to be unhappy about that even if Elmer Fudd is hired as the replacement.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:59 am 
Lead Moderator

DolFan 316 wrote:
But I'll still consider it a life-affirming moment if/when Ireland is gone. I'll refuse to be unhappy about that even if Elmer Fudd is hired as the replacement.

Carl Peterson = Elmer Fudd

There are worse outcomes...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:52 am 
Omnipotent Ombudsman

DolFan 316 wrote:
FinFanatic wrote:
He is just a GM who stinks. Let's not make it out like Ireland's stench cannot be wiped away by the GM that can find some playmakers.

First, the stench can only go if the person responsible goes.

My point exactly, once Ireland is gone, THAT stench is gone. The new GM will bring his own new odor aboard, and we can decide if the aroma is pleasant or putrid. But Ireland has tainted the Phins with nothing that cannot be corrected in a couple of season's of good personnel moves IMHO. And, as I pointed out, I would take Ireland and his lunch pail personnel moves over Wannstedt's idiotic/brainless/no common sense personnel moves ANY DAY!!!

Quote:
Second, the Fins are settling into a disturbing pattern of replacing players, coaches, GMs and even owners with people just as bad or worse. That doesn't mean none of these people deserved replacing, it just means everybody associated with the Fins going back to the last century has been drinking out of the same fountain of stupid juice. The last thing I want to do is have to complain about the new GM because he's been making the exact same mistakes as all the previous epic failures.

I think most of us were GLAD when Parcells took control. At the very least, you got rid of the horrendous Cameron and Mueller combo (who I now have to give credit for getting a punter and a NT...dangit!!). It turned out badly, mostly becasue of Parcells draft philosophy and SpongeBoob's micro-managing nitwittery IMO, but ther are no fans on this board I can remember who were not glad to see Parcells take over???

Quote:
In other words, FF's statement above isn't necessarily true, and hasn't been actually true for a while.
Are you saying it is PRE-ORDAINED that the Phins will NEVER get a good GM? That is some flaming horse poop IMHO. Now if you want to amend it that as long as Ross is the owner, the Phins will never....Okay, I can sorta see that. Ross is a football goober of course, but even a football goober knew enough to tell the GM to draft a QB in the first round. That's a point for Ross in my book.
:)

And I agree with FFM....there are WORSE thinsg that could happen than Ireland getting one more year.

Carl Peterson is one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 am 

FinFanatic wrote:
And I agree with FFM....there are WORSE thinsg that could happen than Ireland getting one more year.

There's *one* thing worse, and that's the apocalypse.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 am 

I was never happy that the piece of shit Parcells came here.He gave us exactly what I expected. Which was nothing.

Profile E-mail