By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Think Ross Will Take Notice?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:59 pm 

My thing, and I have been saying this for at least two years now is how much longer can he accept taking money out of his own pocket to have the home games on local TV. I know the guy is a multi-millionaire, but at some point it must get real old.

And at some point, he also must look at the root of the problem, the common denominator. Who IS and HAS been in charge of getting the right players to put on the field that the fans will want to go see play and more importantly WIN?

I find it very hard to believe that ross is just peachy keen, pleased with the direction the team has been going the last how many years.

How can the fanbase have confidence that the owner:

1) Knows what he is doing as far as making decisions to turn the franchise around?
2) Even CARES about putting a winner on the field?
3) Can put someone in position to bring in the type of talent that wins in this era?

Until the fans see a change in the W/L record, we will see more games where the other team has WAY too many fans in OUR house.

How sick is it when the other team's fans "take over" our stadium? How many times do the chants of "Let's go (insert opposing team name)" come reigning down, drowning out the moans, and silence of our quiet home fans?
http://www.donthatemiami.com/fireland-2012/

That, my friends, says it all.

Last edited by scotgif1 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm 

Outstanding post, scot. That says it all right there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:58 pm 

I think Ross is pleased with the direction of the team. He can probably write off a lot of tax revenue due to the losses while crying whoa is me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 am 
Omnipotent Ombudsman

CarsonChris wrote:
I think Ross is pleased with the direction of the team. He can probably write off a lot of tax revenue due to the losses while crying whoa is me.

Geeze I hope not, but when you start dealing with the ultra-rich the weirder something sounds the more likely it is IMHO.

Personally, I think Ross is in over his head and does not have a freakin clue as to how to appeal to the average football fan. That "Hollywood" crapola may appeal to the dingbats, but the average football fan could care less who is walking down the orange carpet, or what celeb owns a sliver of the Phins.

Ross cares more about the off the field hype then about the on the field product. Sort of like the stinky soup manufacturer who thinks a stylish new can will disguise the taste of the stinky soup. It might work for the short term, but soon people realize; yes, they have a stylish can, but in the end, you are still left with the prospect of having to eat a bowl of steaming hot, stinky soup.

I think the word is out on the Phins: all stylish can and the soup stinks mightily!

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 am 

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/28/re ... fans-fast/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:30 pm 

JMP wrote:
I heard that the Jags are drawing better than the Phins lately...how pathetic is that???

How is that possible they are 2-9 or something of that nature. Ross needs to do something about that

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm 
Site Columnist

Things look completely hopeless for the fans in Miami, and between the high cost of living down here and other things to do, people don't want to spend their entertainment dollar on crap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 pm 

rightchea wrote:
JMP wrote:
I heard that the Jags are drawing better than the Phins lately...how pathetic is that???

How is that possible they are 2-9 or something of that nature. Ross needs to do something about that

It's worse then I thought. Check this out:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

The Dolphins are #31 in average 2012 attendance. Only Tampa Bay is lower.

For comparison, Jacksonville is #21 and averages 63,765. Miami averages 55,758.

Miami is also #31 in total attendance (Buffalo is #32).

Even if he's blind to everything else, this has to make a strong impression on Ross.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:04 am 

JMP wrote:
The Dolphins are #31 in average 2012 attendance. Only Tampa Bay is lower.

I can understand the Fins, but the Bucs??? Last time I checked they're on the upswing and may even reach the playoffs :thinkinghard:

Quote:
Miami is also #31 in total attendance (Buffalo is #32).

So much for Bills fans being hardcore :lol: I said this in another thread a week or two ago and I'll say it again, I don't care what team it is if it keeps losing attendance will drop. NOBODY fills the stadium for a 4-6 win team the same way they do for a winner. NOBODY.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:48 am 

Fans used to be hardcore and fill the place even for bad teams, But not now when the prices keep going up and you can sit at home and enjoy the comfort of your own home and watch it on a big screen. I live 10 hours from Miami and haven't made the drive down in 6 years just because the team been so bad except for 2008 and finding a place to stay plus tickets just don't want to spend the cash.

Profile E-mail