By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Herkert done in Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 am 

Yep. That is about how I see his skill set.

Explosive and a playmaker in the right sets but not a player for every down.

Others may see him differently but that is what I think.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 am 

Just what is it about WVA and shrimpy players going there? :thinkinghard: :feelinglost:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am 

DolFan 316 wrote:
Just what is it about WVA and shrimpy players going there? :thinkinghard: :feelinglost:

I think WVA has learned that playmakers in College are just that. Playmakers. Move them to the NFL where everyone is better and the smaller guys usually aren't as successful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

DolFan 316 wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
All he has to do is bring in some proven playmakers and people will shut up.

That's like saying all I have to do is become a billionaire and I can buy the team. Or, all I have to do is talk to a supermodel and I can be screwing her. Or...well, I think you get the picture.

His job depends on it. Bet on him doing it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 am 

Quote:
Bet on him doing it.

I wouldn't wager one penny on Fireland getting it right this offseason, not even an old, dirty, disfigured penny I found near train tracks. Fireland's history leaves me with zero confidence that he'll succeed this offseason.

I want him to have success more than anything because I want the Dolphins to FINALLY get back to winning...but I gotta admit, even with all the draft picks and $ I have no faith that the tiger will change his stripes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 am 
Site Columnist

Wanny had 10 picks going into the 2001 draft. Did it do any good? He still ended up trading future second rounders to get more picks. Not saying that Ireland is on THAT level of incompetence, but there isn't much in his history that gives me any confidence he will stock the cupboard for 2013 in FA or the draft.

Meanwhile, other teams make bold moves trying to get better. My first choice for the job, John Dorsey, might end up helping Andy Reid in K.C. it looks like. Since he turned down Indy last year to stay in Green Bay, I thought he just wanted to stay. Turns out he was available after all. The sticking point may be that it isn't a promotion since Reid has final say. But that really isn't the point...here's a guy stuck behind the GM in Green Bay who has been helping to stock the cupboard there and is just waiting for an opportunity. And he's been helping to stock the cupboard for THIS SYSTEM for years, successfully. Does Miami even check out his availability? Nope. We wait and see if our leopard can change his spots.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 am 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :Yeahthat: :Yeahthat: :Yeahthat: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 am 
Optimistic Overlord

JMP wrote:
Quote:
Bet on him doing it.

I wouldn't wager one penny on Fireland getting it right this offseason, not even an old, dirty, disfigured penny I found near train tracks. Fireland's history leaves me with zero confidence that he'll succeed this offseason.

I want him to have success more than anything because I want the Dolphins to FINALLY get back to winning...but I gotta admit, even with all the draft picks and $ I have no faith that the tiger will change his stripes.

Just because he brings in playmakers doesn't mean he will get it right. He would literally have to be an idiot sabotaging himself to not bring them in. I've bet on Ireland before and been right. Said he would take Tannehill at 8 if he was there. Everyone said I was nuts.. Then when he did.. Surely it must've been Steven Ross and not Jeff Ireland. *eyeroll*

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:38 am 

Quote:
Surely it must've been Steven Ross and not Jeff Ireland.

Tannehill was a Philbin/Sherman pick all the way, with pressure from Ross. Fireland wasn't even interested in Tannehill before Philbin was hired. There's no way he would've picked him if it was solely his choice. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 pm 

JMP wrote:
There's no way he would've picked him if it was solely his choice. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

+1

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next