By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jeff Ireland safe in Miami
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm 

Quote:
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Jeff Ireland for not doing what most of the people on this board wanted them to do over the last 2 years at the QB and WR positions, which was treat them like an all-you-can-eat buffet. Doing so would've landed us Matt Flynn as our starting QB for $8mil/year and WR Mario Manningham as our starting WR for $8mil/year.

LOL Nice revisionist history.

On this board, the people that wanted Flynn - myself included - wanted Flynn AND a rookie QB (preferably Tannehill for me).

And I don't recall anyone here saying we should sign Manningham at $8 million a year. Though it's interesting to note that Manningham scored as many TDs this season as the "great" Brian Hartline.

While we're thanking Jeff Fireland, let me take the opportunity to thank him for bringing us 4 consecutive losing seasons and drafting zero playmakers in 5 years. Mediocrity Forever! Yes!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:57 pm 
Site Columnist

An article that could have easily applied to the Miami Dolphins' situation with the HC in 2002, 2003 (Wanny's firing was two offseasons too late) or 2010. And sadly, I think we'll all be looking back and realizing it probably applied to our GM situation this year as well:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... -year-late

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm 
Site Columnist

Sorry guys.. my comments in the initial post were mean-spirited to get under your skin. Thanks for taking the high road. We're all in this together as fans, regardless of how we feel about certain players or FO members. Hope you all had a great New Year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm 

NYF wrote:
Sorry guys.. my comments in the initial post were mean-spirited to get under your skin.

Really? I hadn't noticed ;)

But another wasted season and even *you'll* be sick of Ireland. That was not mean-spirited, just the truth.

Quote:
We're all in this together as fans, regardless of how we feel about certain players or FO members.

Well, you guys are, I'm about to check out. From being a DolFan, not hanging around here, so don't worry :)

Quote:
Hope you all had a great New Year.

Right back atcha :beer: :beer: :beer:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 pm 
Site Columnist

DolFan 316 wrote:
But another wasted season and even *you'll* be sick of Ireland. That was not mean-spirited, just the truth.

Trust me, DF... if Ireland re-signs Long and/or Starks then takes the safe route with the #12 pick with a player like LSU DE Sam Montgomery or Alabama G Chance Warmack, I'll be right there with you in 3 months throwing stones.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:23 am 

As much as it pains me to say it, I think it is best to keep him around one more year. Reason being, if a new GM were brought in now, he would be so far behind in grading the roster as far as who should stay and who needs to be gone.

At least, fireland hnows the personnel. He hnows what we need to bring in. A new GM would take a year to get to know and judge the roster. We can not waste a year waiting for someone to get up to speed.

Plus, a new GM could bungle the amount of draft picks we have by making moves to get rid of some of these picks.

If Ross was going to get rid of firelad, he should have done it when he got rid of sparano.

That, my friends, says it all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 am 

Ireland does so many bad things it makes you hate him. I think fans get to the point where it just doesn't matter if he's done some really good things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 pm 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :Yeahthat: :Yeahthat: :Yeahthat: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:41 pm 

We are not the only ones that are second guessing Ireland

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... ff-ireland

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:37 pm