By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Giddings Jr and Stephen Ross
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:48 pm 

Is Stephen Ross still considering replacing Jeff Ireland? I keep hearing rumors that Mike Giddings Jr from Scouts Inc is being consulted by Ross to evaluate the job that Jeff Ireland has done. I've heard some saying he may come in and replace Ireland and others say he is being used so Ross can get a true understanding of where the team is in relation to where Ireland says the team is.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mike Giddings Jr and Stephen Ross
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 pm 

A lot of teams use Giddings and other consultants to evaluate what they're doing. I wouldn't read too much into it...I think Fireland is unfortunately here to stay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm 

:Yeahthat: :Yeahthat: :Yeahthat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:21 pm 

I don't see Ireland fire this year either. He is going to stay through this year and then might get axed next year if he doesn't produce.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:05 am 

JMP wrote:
A lot of teams use Giddings and other consultants to evaluate what they're doing. I wouldn't read too much into it...I think Fireland is unfortunately here to stay.

I would love to read that report :D . Seriously though it has to put Jeffrey on notice that his work is being scrutinized by those in the know. Those consultants are going to be very frank about the likey outcomes of Irelands decisions. I think this means Ireland has less and less say about the roster. IMO that's better than firing him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:22 pm 

Quote:
I think this means Ireland has less and less say about the roster. IMO that's better than firing him.

Is it?

I would rather have a GM that has a vision for the roster and knows how to build it, matching the system his coaches are installing. Rather than a GM that once had total say and is now getting second guessed and overruled by everyone in the building. That's just not going to work.

If he's failing, then fire him. A neutered GM is worse than letting the coach just run the whole thing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am 

Quote:
I would rather have a GM that has a vision for the roster and knows how to build it, matching the system his coaches are installing. Rather than a GM that once had total say and is now getting second guessed and overruled by everyone in the building. That's just not going to work.

If he's failing, then fire him. A neutered GM is worse than letting the coach just run the whole thing.

Yep. Fireland's job is either to stock the roster, or it isn't. And if it isn't, he shouldn't be the GM.