By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pro-Bowl 2013
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm 

Does anyone even care? I might channel surf a few times to see what is going on but I really have no desire to watch.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pro-Bowl 2013
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm 
Site Columnist

I don't care about the Pro Bowl at all. I think they should stop having the game and just have a televised awards event instead, or just have a dinner and leave us all the hell out of it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:22 pm 

I used to care when the players cared. Since the injury to the Bills running back this game went downhill. Now everyone is afraid to play. They should just be nominated to an "all pro" team and leave it at that. Plus that would mean that a Dolphins player that made it was actually voted into the starting spot. We wouldn't have these guys get in because someone didn't want to go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 pm 

CarsonChris wrote:
I used to care when the players cared. Since the injury to the Bills running back this game went downhill. Now everyone is afraid to play. They should just be nominated to an "all pro" team and leave it at that. Plus that would mean that a Dolphins player that made it was actually voted into the starting spot. We wouldn't have these guys get in because someone didn't want to go.

Actually it was Pats RB Robert Edwards who got his knee shredded during some stupid mandatory beach thing. Then again, that dude was always injury prone. I remember watching at a Vols fans house when he shredded them (back when the Vols were actual contenders) and then got hurt and had to leave and Georgia lost. Then he made a brief comeback with the Fins in '02, even scoring twice in the opener. Never played again after that though.

I tuned in for a few minutes, just sort of half paying attention, and I could swear I saw a Fins offensive player out there :-o :-o :-o :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm HOPING it wasn't Long but who else would it be?

I strongly doubt that either Joe Philbin or Mike Sherman can successfully pleasure their wives.

"When you keep cutting your own throat, eventually you run out of blood"--Fred Smerlas

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 pm 

I don't know what I would like to see. They just don't take it serious enough. I would rather watch old retired pro-bowlers play for fun then current players make a joke of it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:17 pm 

Whoops, couldn't have been Long :oops: Incognito probably. But I swear I saw a Fins O-lineman there.

Just name Pro Bowlers and abolish the game already. It works for the All Pro team.

I strongly doubt that either Joe Philbin or Mike Sherman can successfully pleasure their wives.

"When you keep cutting your own throat, eventually you run out of blood"--Fred Smerlas

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 pm 

Incognito

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:19 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

Incognito. Starks. Wake. Denney. Are our pro bowlers. Fields was snubbed. BIG time. He only had the 2nd best season by a punter in Nfl history. That's all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:20 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

Wake had a sack on Brees

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 am 

hypocritex wrote:
Fields was snubbed. BIG time. He only had the 2nd best season by a punter in Nfl history. That's all.

Proof??? Link??? :thinkinghard: :feelinglost:

hypocritex wrote:
Wake had a sack on Brees

Was it a real sack or did he just sort of guide him gently to the ground? :)

Hell, if the Fins had four players in this thing the Chiefs probably had about ten :lol:

Profile E-mail