By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cap space
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 pm 

I know Miami has a lot of money this year. I don't see Miami burning up a lot of it in the off season. I think we make some targeted moves for a receiver. I think we go for Wallace. After that we might bring in a FA guard. I think the plan is to build through the draft and get us over the hump that way. Once we get a little closer to competing for the AFC east then I see us splurging in FA to push us to the next level.

If Long, Hartline, and Smith leave in FA how much further under the cap do we go?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cap space
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

Their cap numbers weren't counted because they have none as they are FAs. Jake Longs cap number is still technically attached for some reason but comes off on the new league year. But most estimates don't count his cap number. So we are still right around 46 million. If we cut Marshall and restructure Patterson. We should be at 52 million. If we draft a kicker late to beat out carpenter. We should save another two million.

Teams are obligated to spend s certain percentage of their cap. And in 2014 that percentage sky rockets to 99% I believe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:26 pm 

I somewhat agree with that, but, I feel the the team needs to show the fans some commitment monetarily to improving. It could have a negative backlash from the fans if it is perceived that they are lowballing guys and not getting in on some available FA's.

I think the team needs all the good PR they can get, as far as the fans perception of the team trying to improve. Attendance is on an alarming downward trend.

I think this offseason is critical to, not only rebuilding the team, but regaining the local fanbase confidence, to shell out the big bucks and go to the games again.

That, my friends, says it all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

hypocritex wrote:
If we draft a kicker late to beat out carpenter. We should save another two million.

Why draft one? Hell...guys off the street could kick as well as Carpenter kicked last year....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 pm 

JLFINFAN wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
If we draft a kicker late to beat out carpenter. We should save another two million.

Why draft one? Hell...guys off the street could kick as well as Carpenter kicked last year....

We would have finished 8-8 if Carpenter made his kicks against NY.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:07 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

JLFINFAN wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Round 7 or undrafted fa is fine with me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:48 pm 

Quote:
I feel the the team needs to show the fans some commitment monetarily to improving. It could have a negative backlash from the fans if it is perceived that they are lowballing guys and not getting in on some available FA's.

I think the team needs all the good PR they can get, as far as the fans perception of the team trying to improve. Attendance is on an alarming downward trend.

I think this offseason is critical to, not only rebuilding the team, but regaining the local fanbase confidence, to shell out the big bucks and go to the games again.

Exactly. Aside from that there would be no logical reason for not getting Tannehill a supporting cast.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm 

:Yeahthat: +1

Profile E-mail