By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why Brian Hartline is Worth 3.5million per year
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

JMP has had it in for Hartline from the get go. It's ok JMP. We still love you. :poke: :ROFL:

It's not like there is some HUGE disagreement on this. I think it just comes down to what we all are willing to pay the guy.. And that isn't too far off.. and what you think of his talent and what others think of his talent also isn't too far off. Just slight differences.

Which I.. again.. attribute to your hate for him :moon:

Hey JMP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzkFONkaQUY

:ROFL:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:08 pm 

Quote:
He should be rewarded for what he deserves.

That's all I've ever said. He should be paid what he deserves, and not a penny more.

Quote:
And he did come up big .He put us in position to score (And we did) MANY times.

We sucked at scoring - again. Part of the reason is we didn't have a WR that could score. Getting close doesn't count.

Quote:
I've said it before. Without him we probably lose 3 more games. To which your response was.. We go from a bad team to a bad team..

Yep, bad is bad. Putting lipstick on a pig still leaves you with a pig.

Quote:
But, maybe next year we have 10 wins... Those 2 or 3 wins matter then, don't they (But, I guess we get to pick and choose when they do or don't matter?)

How many 10 win seasons has the mighty Brian Hartline and his 1 TD a year led us to so far?

Quote:
Average WR's don't get almost 1100 yards when they are having coverage rolled to them all the time. He is better then average.

Better than average? You may want to read Max's article again. It PROVES that Hartline is well below average.

Quote:
Half way relevant. He was our ONLY RELEVANT WR to begin with. Defenses KNEW that. Yet he still continued to put up yards.

Put up yards??? In 10 of his last 11 games, he failed to eclipse 84 yards, and in two of those games he had less than 20.

Quote:
With OUR offense. IF any old average WR could do that in our offense. Then how come no one else did. Our WR's were stacked with mediocre to bad talent.

There was no one else. We didn't have any outside receivers besides Hartline. Hartline was the best of the worst. We had a different #2 receiver practically every week.

Quote:
I agree pay him what he's worth. About 4.25 million on the open market. And I'd pay him that much. And not a penny more.

That's fine - you want to overpay him, I don't.

Quote:
I don't know how much more I can clarify this. I don't think the guy is all world by any means. I think he is a PRETTY GOOD. WR. I think he is a very capable #2 WR. Would I rather have Anquan Boldin as our #2.. of COURSE I would (And BTW. He is the #2 WR for the Ravens :poke: ) But, I see 4.25 for a solid #2 as fair MARKET value. We have to start investing the money where it matters. And as much as I'd love to have Wallace as our #2.. I don't think it's realistic to expect both Jennings and Wallace.

Boldin has been the Ravens' top receiver for the past 3 seasons...not sure why you aren't seeing that.

As for market value, where are all these $4.25 million #2 receivers that don't score TDs? I don't know of any.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:13 pm 

Quote:
JMP has had it in for Hartline from the get go.

Call me crazy, but I just happen to hate mediocrity and I'm sick of seeing the Dolphins suck.

Quote:
It's not like there is some HUGE disagreement on this. I think it just comes down to what we all are willing to pay the guy.. And that isn't too far off.. and what you think of his talent and what others think of his talent also isn't too far off. Just slight differences.

Seems like a huge difference to me. Some of you guys are acting like the Dolphins would cease to exist without the mighty Brian Hartline. I seem to remember a lot of people feeling the same way about Chris "7-11" Hogan. I was right about that, too.

Quote:

I've never hated Brian Hartline. He seems like a good dude and he's a solid player. He's done more with less than a lot of players. He has far surpassed my expectations for him, and has earned a spot in the NFL. I'd just prefer that he take his mediocrity elsewhere, that's all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:21 pm 

Miami doesn't need a thousand yard receiver. It needs a touchdown producer. I will take two 600-800 yard guts that score 6-8 td over Hartlines 1000 yd 1 td season. While we're at it lets upgrade the other receiver position as well. Bess was a good story line but Miami needs production where it counts, on the score board.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm 

Degarmo wrote:
Only one team has to be stupid enough to overpay, and it seems to happen quite frequently, so, I'm sticking with overpaid.

The numbers don't come out of thin air. The tiers are fairly rigid in terms of performance,dollars,age production. The negotiation margin is a lot smaller than it looks. Why would a team overpay for Hartline if there are better cheaper WR market? Answer they won't.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 pm 

hypocritex wrote:
JMP has had it in for Hartline from the get go. It's ok JMP. We still love you. :poke: :ROFL:

Hey JMP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzkFONkaQUY

Hah great video. Perfect music. I'm waiting for JMP to call your bluff and drop a funky fresh Jabbar Gaffney video. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:06 pm 

Quote:
I'm waiting for JMP to call your bluff and drop a funky fresh Jabbar Gaffney video.

But hey, if you can find a 2011 Gaffney highlight video, I bet it'll look better than the 2012 Hartline video. At the very least, at least you'd get to see some shots of the endzone! :dancing:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 pm 
Site Columnist

LacesOut wrote:
Degarmo wrote:
Only one team has to be stupid enough to overpay, and it seems to happen quite frequently, so, I'm sticking with overpaid.

The numbers don't come out of thin air. The tiers are fairly rigid in terms of performance,dollars,age production. The negotiation margin is a lot smaller than it looks. Why would a team overpay for Hartline if there are better cheaper WR market? Answer they won't.

Correct. No team ever has overpaid for a free agent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 pm 

Quote:
No team ever has overpaid for a free agent.

See Dansby, Karlos for one example.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 am 
Optimistic Overlord

Sarcasm doth not escape.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next