By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mayock discusses Miami's options with the 12th pick
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:59 pm 

My gut tells me we will pick someone at 12 this year AND move back up into the bottom of the 1st to take a 2nd 1st rounder.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 pm 

If we want Cordarelle then we need to select him at 12 or earlier. The Pats have taken an interest in him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:43 pm 

Finfan33 wrote:
My gut tells me we will pick someone at 12 this year AND move back up into the bottom of the 1st to take a 2nd 1st rounder.

God let this be true.

BTW It seems like every year we hear the same story no matter where we pick. Top tier talent will be depleted and we might as well trade down because the next twenty all look the same. That's crap IMO. A GM is only as good as his ability to see the critical differences between players who look similar on the surface. Recognizing low face validity situations and making the right choice is what makes an expert an expert.So as soon as Ireland starts talking about trading down I know he's really saying my talent is extremely limited; I lack the ability to see a difference in this group.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 am 
Site Columnist

Something else, any pick is a value pick in the first round if you draft a pro bowler.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 am 
Lead Moderator

Finfan33 wrote:

The only way I could see this happening is for one of the TEs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 am 
Omnipotent Ombudsman

CarsonChris wrote:
Finfan33 wrote:
Actually if memory serves me correctly, some experts railed that we drafted him too high.

The re-draft says he goes at 5.

I don't care who we pick as long as he's good enough that we aren't drafting the same position in the next five years. The good teams have players that stick so a team can draft other positions. I feel like we've been on a merry go round. Draft a player and three years later draft for the same position. It's been the main reason why we don't improve. The player we draft to replace a player is basically the same player we had before. Mediocre.

We need to start hitting home runs with these player selections. Something we have not done with any of our 1st through 3rd round selections for as long as I can remember. Every time I look at our past history I think why didn't we take this guy over what we did do. I want a draft where other teams are envious of us. One we don't look back on and envision what could have been. We are due!

EXACTLY!

I do not care if it is a GUARD, as long as it SOLVES that position as well as the pick of Pouncey solved the Center position.

The draft should SOLVE some problems for the team.

I do not mean just the first rounders either. The 2nd thru 4th rounders need to be pressing starters for their jobs IMMEDIATELY, maybe even SOLVING some problems for the Phins as well.

If that was the case, where your draft picks were ready to step up and assume starting roles, you could afford to let Hartline walk with no concerns about weakening a nearly dead position!

In any event, this draft is shaping up like one of those where there are no big time big name superstar draft picks to make mediots poop their pants over, like last year....with all that said, this could be a good year to have multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks.

As long as the picks SOLVE some problems, I dont care where/what/how they are used.

Profile E-mail