By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WR Ryan Swope?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

He just ran a 4.34.....can you feel his draft status rising? :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:48 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

JLFINFAN wrote:

Yup. And now I can actually see us targeting him. He was Tanny's favorite target at A&M. Trade Bess. Replace him with Swope. Cheaper option. Swope is faster.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:53 pm 

JMP wrote:
Quote:
We've got 4,5,6's. We need 1,2 and 3's.

Not sure what this means in reference to Swope? What are your thoughts about him? :feelinglost:

Not a commentary on Swope. Just thinking that we need to be upgrading 1&2 not someone to replace Bess or even Hartline.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 pm 

hypocritex wrote:
JLFINFAN wrote:

Yup. And now I can actually see us targeting him. He was Tanny's favorite target at A&M. Trade Bess. Replace him with Swope. Cheaper option. Swope is faster.

Ted Ginn is faster and cheaper than both of them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 am 
Site Columnist

Hells no! Say nope to Swope. The guy basically took a big dump at the senior bowl, then "faked" an ankle injury during practices so he could get the hell out town and save what was left of his stock. He got dominated in just about every drill, could not beat press, could not separate, he looked like DIII talent vs D1. Throw on his tape with Tannehill last year and all the guy catches is bubble screens... I don't know where he pulled that 40 yard time out of and he had a pretty amazing combine, but they need to start having 1v1 drills at the combine to expose guys like Swope.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:37 am 

Quote:
Hells no! Say nope to Swope. The guy basically took a big dump at the senior bowl, then "faked" an ankle injury during practices so he could get the hell out town and save what was left of his stock. He got dominated in just about every drill, could not beat press, could not separate, he looked like DIII talent vs D1. Throw on his tape with Tannehill last year and all the guy catches is bubble screens... I don't know where he pulled that 40 yard time out of and he had a pretty amazing combine, but they need to start having 1v1 drills at the combine to expose guys like Swope.

Swope saved his stock all right...in fact, he saved it and then threw it through the roof and established himself as a 2nd round prospect.

I wouldn't worry too much about Swope not being able to beat press or separate, because he's a slot receiver. The nicklebacks he'll face will all be smaller and weaker than him, and he's not really going to run deep routes. Now, he did run a lot of screens...but that's not a bad thing and is in fact something the Dolphins desperately need in their offense. In 2011 with Tannehill, Swope averaged 13.6 yards a catch and scored 11 TDs...if the majority of that production came off of screens, then that's off-the-charts amazing. Bottom line: Swope would give us size, speed and playmaking ability from the slot...things that Bess, good as he is, really doesn't offer. If Philbin wants a dynamic passing offense, guys like Swope are ideal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 pm 
Site Columnist

JMP wrote:
Quote:

Swope saved his stock all right...in fact, he saved it and then threw it through the roof and established himself as a 2nd round prospect.

I wouldn't worry too much about Swope not being able to beat press or separate, because he's a slot receiver. The nicklebacks he'll face will all be smaller and weaker than him, and he's not really going to run deep routes. Now, he did run a lot of screens...but that's not a bad thing and is in fact something the Dolphins desperately need in their offense. In 2011 with Tannehill, Swope averaged 13.6 yards a catch and scored 11 TDs...if the majority of that production came off of screens, then that's off-the-charts amazing. Bottom line: Swope would give us size, speed and playmaking ability from the slot...things that Bess, good as he is, really doesn't offer. If Philbin wants a dynamic passing offense, guys like Swope are ideal.

:veryangry: Swope
The End

Profile E-mail