By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jets want QB Moore?/Tanny vid
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:05 pm 
Site Columnist

Joe Montana was a pretty quiet leader.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 pm 

It was his rookie year. He's growing into the role physically, and mentally. He has more leadership ability then Henne ever did. The game never looked too big for him, and he was physically tough. He is also smart as hell. He's earning respect.

He's not a fiery type, like a Marino, or Brady, and that's okay. What he needs to do now is win.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:59 pm 
Optimistic Overlord

Finsfan4ever wrote:
It was his rookie year. He's growing into the role physically, and mentally. He has more leadership ability then Henne ever did. The game never looked too big for him, and he was physically tough. He is also smart as hell. He's earning respect.

He's not a fiery type, like a Marino, or Brady, and that's okay. What he needs to do now is win.

He had full control of the offense too. Something Henne never completely had in 3 years. He couldn't hardly even audible. Tannehill does plenty of that and he's pretty good at it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:38 am 

JEGnj wrote:
I'm really pulling for the kid to be the franchise QB of the future. It's just to me he seems like a goober.

The kid can act like Gomer Pile for all I care is long as he grows and starts carrying this team.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:07 pm 

Quote:
The kid can act like Gomer Pile for all I care is long as he grows and starts carrying this team.

Exactly. Who cares how he looks? Just throw TDs and win games.

Tom Brady looks and talks like a pretty-boy wuss, but he's tough as nails and is one of the greatest QBs ever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:21 pm 

JMP wrote:
Quote:

Exactly. Who cares how he looks? Just throw TDs and win games.

Tom Brady looks and talks like a pretty-boy wuss, but he's tough as nails and is one of the greatest QBs ever.

You just made my breakfast come up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm 

Quote:
one of the greatest QBs ever

No, no no. He's a product of a perfect system. I will never be sold he is one of the greatest ever. Great winning percentage, certainly a solid QB, but greatest ever...no. Give me Manning, Marino, or Montana over him all day long. Brady is a wuss even with today's relaxed rules.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:26 pm 

Quote:
No, no no. He's a product of a perfect system. I will never be sold he is one of the greatest ever.

:ROFL: OK...

And as for Matt Moore...I hope he does go to the Jets. The more crappy QBs that team collects, the better. Of course, the Jets won't be signing anyone till they create more cap space, but that's another story.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:58 pm 
Lead Moderator

I think Moore is better than Sanchez, but that isn't saying much.

Jests have missed their window and must rebuild. They're already jettisoning high priced vets. Revis's days are numbered. Bringing Moore in would give them a stable competitor, a good team guy, but isn't going to help them be that much better.

Frankly, Moore would be better off going somewhere else. I don't know if anyone else would give him the opportunity to start, but the Jests are crumbling. I doubt Rex the Hutt survives another year.

When I think about it today, I'd like to see Moore return. Stability at QB would be nice, and he makes for a good back up and team player. I think it would also show Miami's improving if players elect to stay as back ups.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 pm 

Agreed on Moore staying as a backup. I still would like a developmental QB taken in the draft. Maybe, they think Devlin could be that guy? Not sure.

Why go out an bring in a second-tier vet to backup Tanny, when you already have it on your roster? One less piece to worry about. At least with More you pretty much know what you are going to get out of him. A guy that can come in and win you a couple of games here or there. Not a long-term answer, but definitely a good team guy. Seems to be a good locker room presence.

As for brady. I hate the MF. But, he is a clod-blooded killer. Product of a perfect system? He IS the system. Best ever? Who can say? But, certainly, ONE of the best ever. I think he is WAY more than just "solid".

That, my friends, says it all.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next