By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Embarrassment
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

The question, is how does NYF feel? He's been a big Ireland supporter. :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 pm 

61finfan wrote:
Btw 33. Love the new graphics

Thanks 61.

I got a new photo editing program and am playing around with it to see what all I can do with it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:25 am 
Site Columnist

JLFINFAN wrote:
The question, is how does NYF feel? He's been a big Ireland supporter. :)

Good question, JL.

I wouldn't call myself a big "Ireland Supporter", just that the criticism against him has been completely absurd.

The Dolphins were favored to win by 6 points. They lost by 34. I'm not pointing my finger at the front office for such a catastrophe when the team was so clearly unprepared to play the game.

Reggie Bush had 4 carries for 21 yards, and was benched because of ONE fumble. Taking Bush out of the game was an embarrassing mistake on Philbin's part, because doing so remove the key chess-piece from the lineup. Hopefully Philbin learns from this.

Bush has 14 carries for 63 yards (4.5 YPC) in the last 2 games. Why has he only carried the ball 14 times in the last 2 games?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 am 

NYF, when a quality team struggles to that extent, they lose by 14-20. Against a team as bad as the Titans, probably 10-14. Decent teams don't lose to anybody by 34 under *any* circumstances. The Giants for example played as badly as they possibly can and still *only* lost by 18 to the Bengals.

Maybe if Coyle had better players he wouldn't need to have them play so far off the receivers. Maybe if anybody in the receiving corps was an actual scorer Tannehill would have more TD passes.

It was universally agreed that Philbin was doing a good job the first 7-8 games, why is he so horrible now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am 

DolFan 316 wrote:
NYF, when a quality team struggles to that extent, they lose by 14-20. Against a team as bad as the Titans, probably 10-14. Decent teams don't lose to anybody by 34 under *any* circumstances. The Giants for example played as badly as they possibly can and still *only* lost by 18 to the Bengals.

Maybe if Coyle had better players he wouldn't need to have them play so far off the receivers. Maybe if anybody in the receiving corps was an actual scorer Tannehill would have more TD passes.

It was universally agreed that Philbin was doing a good job the first 7-8 games, why is he so horrible now?

I think it goes back to him disguising the holes and weaknesses of this team with smoke and mirrors. Unfortunately it looks like he is out of smoke and the Colts busted our mirrors.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 am 
Site Columnist

DolFan 316 wrote:

The Dolphins committed 7 penalties and 2 turnovers in the first half alone.
Philbin benched our best offensive weapon to prove a point, which was completely ridiculous.
We didn't take one shot down field, even though the safeties of the Titans weren't playing back.
When these things happen, I don't point my finger up at the press box.
When a team who is favored by 6 points loses by 34 points, it's a coaching issue, not a GM issue.
The team was completely and utterly unprepared to play.
I'm glad that the rest of the world is placing blame clearly where it belongs: on Joe Philbin. He's a first-time coach, so hopefully he learns something from this.

Profile E-mail