By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NYF's Top 150 prospects - QBs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:46 am 
Site Admin

The first three QBs are on the main site...you can read them by clicking here. http://finnation.com/top-150-draft-prospects-part-i/

Here are the rest of the QB prospects listed by Brian Catanzaro aka NYF.

4) Mike Glennon, North Carolina St. (6-5, 232) – Round 2
5) Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (6-2, 228) – Round 2
6) E.J. Manuel, Florida St (6-4, 240) – Round 3
7) Tyler Bray, Tennessee* (6-5, 215) – Round 4
8) Landry Jones, Oklahoma (6-4, 220) – Round 4
9) Zac Dysert, Miami Ohio (6-3, 228) – Round 4

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: NYF's Top 150 prospects - QBs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 am 

I heard Landry Jones is having such a bad off season he may go undrafted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 am 
Site Admin

I have seen every game Landry Jones has played in. Strong arm....and decent accuracy in the pocket, he reminds me so much of Tony Romo. When he has time to stand strong in the pocket, he can pick you apart. But his accuracy suffers when he scrambles, and if you get consistent pressure on him, he wilts and buckles. He needs a solid supporting cast around him as he is not the type of QB who can take a team on his back to victory.

His arm strength and accuracy in the pocket will get him drafted....maybe in the 4th or 5th round.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm 

JLFINFAN wrote:
I have seen every game Landry Jones has played in. Strong arm....and decent accuracy in the pocket, he reminds me so much of Tony Romo. When he has time to stand strong in the pocket, he can pick you apart. But his accuracy suffers when he scrambles, and if you get consistent pressure on him, he wilts and buckles. He needs a solid supporting cast around him as he is not the type of QB who can take a team on his back to victory.

His arm strength and accuracy in the pocket will get him drafted....maybe in the 4th or 5th round.

His play at the senior bowl cost him. All he did was look to dump it off. They also said he played with a deer in the headlight look.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

CarsonChris wrote:
His play at the senior bowl cost him. All he did was look to dump it off. They also said he played with a deer in the headlight look.

I'm hearing/reading something different....at least during practice. I didn't see the Senior bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... s-steps-up

I'm not defending Jones. Just trying to give an unbiased opinion on him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 pm 

" Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Landry Jones was easily the worst quarterback at the Senior Bowl, which is saying a lot because most of them stunk up Mobile. Jones did not look like he belonged in the NFL. He frequently panicked in the pocket, even when there weren't any pass-rushers there. He would stop looking downfield and either take a sack or toss a short checkdown.

Jones, who finished 3-of-10 for a laughable 16 yards, could go undrafted. He was that bad. I think his experience will ultimately save him on Draft Day, but his new team won't get anything better than a career backup."

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013manuel.php

I think he would be an ideal late round pick if he slides. Miami still needs to develop the QB position. Funny how different scouts view players.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Ok...so I am basing my assessment of Jones on every game he played (which I saw other than the Senior bowl) and you are basing it on the Senior bowl only.

Using that as a basis, the last game I saw Marino play in live was in 1999 against Dallas on Turkey Day. He went 15 of 36 for 178 yards and 5 INTs. No TDs.

In 2003, again in Dallas on Turkey Day, I watched Jay Fiedler go 16 for 20 for 239 yards, 3 TDs, no INTs, and a rushing TD.

Does that make Fiedler a better QB than Marino?

Again, I'm basing my analysis of Jones on his entire body of work....not a single game in which he only threw 10 passes....

And for the record....and NYF can verify this....I'm not a big fan of Jones. He is way too streaky.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:37 pm 

JLFINFAN wrote:
Ok...so I am basing my assessment of Jones on every game he played (which I saw other than the Senior bowl) and you are basing it on the Senior bowl only.

Using that as a basis, the last game I saw Marino play in live was in 1999 against Dallas on Turkey Day. He went 15 of 36 for 178 yards and 5 INTs. No TDs.

In 2003, again in Dallas on Turkey Day, I watched Jay Fiedler go 16 for 20 for 239 yards, 3 TDs, no INTs, and a rushing TD.

Does that make Fiedler a better QB than Marino?

Again, I'm basing my analysis of Jones on his entire body of work....not a single game in which he only threw 10 passes....

And for the record....and NYF can verify this....I'm not a big fan of Jones. He is way too streaky.

I was high on Landry last year if he came out. I liked him. I think he would be a great pickup if he slides like I read he's supposed to. Maybe one of those players that could be traded, for a nice pick, in a few years with some good pre-season work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

CarsonChris wrote:
I was high on Landry last year if he came out. I liked him. I think he would be a great pickup if he slides like I read he's supposed to. Maybe one of those players that could be traded, for a nice pick, in a few years with some good pre-season work.

I'm not high on him. He is streaky and panics under pressure. If the Fins spend a 5th or 6th rounder on him I wouldn't be upset, but I think Miami can do better in other areas. Still, someone will select him...like I said probably 4th or 5th round. He could slide (or improve) depending on his combine and Pro day workouts.

Profile E-mail