By the fans, For the fans!
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NYF's Top 150 Prospects - OTs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 am 
Site Admin

The first three OTs are on the main site...you can read them by clicking here. http://finnation.com/top-150-prospects-ot/

Here are the rest of the OT prospects listed by Brian Catanzaro aka NYF.

4) Menelik Watson, Florida St* (6-6, 320) – Round 2
5) D.J. Fluker, Alabama* (6-5, 340) – Round 2
6) Dallas Thomas, Tennessee (6-5, 310) – Round 2
7) LT #74 Kyle Long, Oregon (6-7, 310) - Round 4
8) Oday Aboushi, Virginia (6-5, 295) – Round 3
9) Justin Pugh, Syracuse* (6-5, 295) – Round 4
10) Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin (6-6, 320) – Round 4
11) Brennan Williams, North Carolina (6-7, 315) – Round 4
12) LT #76 Chris Faulk, LSU* (6-5, 320) – Round 4
13) LT #76 David Quessenberry, San Jose St (6-5, 290) – Round 4
14) David Bakhtiari, Colorado* (6-4, 295) – Round 5

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: NYF's Top 150 Prospects - OTs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm 
Lead Moderator

I can totally see Miami taking Dallas Thomas in the 2nd round if he's there. He's faster than Martin (under 5 sec), has played both LT and LG, and is athletic enough to be a good fit for this offense. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Und ... homas.html

I get the general sense that people think Miami is going to draft a RT (assuming Long leaves and Martin moves to LT), but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami bring Garner back with TE turned RT Yeatman backing him up. I don't think Incognito is a good fit in Philbin's offense coupled with a $4.3 mil salary, I can totally see Miami bringing in Thomas to be the LG / compete with Martin at LT, and likely releasing Incognito in August once they know what they have on the OL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:40 pm 

Quessenberry impressed during the Senior Bowl practices. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the 4th...we desperately need Guards.

Quote:
releasing Incognito in August

Man, I hope you're right. I can't wait till he's gone and we get a Guard that fits this scheme...I think both him and Jerry are major weak links on the line.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

I think Incoginto would be better suited to the right side....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 am 
Site Columnist

FFM wrote:
I can totally see Miami taking Dallas Thomas in the 2nd round if he's there. He's faster than Martin (under 5 sec), has played both LT and LG, and is athletic enough to be a good fit for this offense. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Und ... homas.html

I get the general sense that people think Miami is going to draft a RT (assuming Long leaves and Martin moves to LT), but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami bring Garner back with TE turned RT Yeatman backing him up. I don't think Incognito is a good fit in Philbin's offense coupled with a $4.3 mil salary, I can totally see Miami bringing in Thomas to be the LG / compete with Martin at LT, and likely releasing Incognito in August once they know what they have on the OL.

Great observation, FFM.

If an OG or OT of value slips to either of our 2nd round picks, I'd be all for it. Just don't take one at #12.

I'm looking at North Carolina G Jonathan Cooper. He's projected to go late 1st round, but he could very easily slip to #43 because he's strictly a zone-blocking fit.

It'd create a ripple effect: Inserting Cooper at LG from Day 1.. allows Incognito to move to RG, and moves John Jerry to RT to compete with Nate Garner and Will Yeatman:

LT - Jonathan Martin
LG - Jonathan Cooper/Josh Samuda
C - Mike Pouncey
RG - Richie Incognito
RT - Nate Garner/John Jerry/Will Yeatman

This OL wouldn't be an A+ unit, but it would be more than capable at a very low cost. QB Tannehill and RB Miller would be playing on rookie contracts, too. It allows the Dolphins to use their dollars on stockpiling playmakers at WR and TE.

Profile E-mail